Acupuncture chart from Hua Shou (fl. 1340s,
This image from Shi si jing fa hui (Expression of the Fourteen
(Tokyo : Suharaya Heisuke kanko, Kyoho gan 1716)
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine can be useful as a preventative
medicine as well as giving relief in a vast range of health problems
- Musculo-skeletal : lower back pain, joint sprains, muscle strain,
sciatica, arthritis, sporting injuries, etc
- Respiratory : sinus problem, hay fever, common cold or flu,
- Gastro intestinal : constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel
- Cardio vascular : angina, palpitations, high & low blood
- Womens health : irregular or painful period, fertility
disorders, premenstrual difficulties, menopausal symptoms
- Pregnancy : morning sickness, breech baby
- Neurological : headache, trigeminal neuralgia, tinnitus, Bells
palsy, post-stroke syndrome, insomnia
- Metabolic disorders : Chronic fatigue
- Psychological disorders : anxiety, depression, smoking/drug
- Mens health : fertility issues, prostate difficulties
- Others : skin conditions, psoriasis, bladder disorders, hair
loss, Weight loss
Acupuncture is one of the main forms of treatment in traditional
Chinese medicine. It involves the use of sharp, thin needles that
are inserted in the body at very specific points. This process is
used to adjust and alter the body's energy flow into healthier patterns,
and is used to treat a wide variety of illnesses and health conditions.
A course of treatment is generally considered to last between 8-10
treatments and most people are surprised at how painless acupuncture
Acupuncture, Tuina and herbal medicine administered by a professional
medical therapist can have a powerful, holistic effect enhancing
the bodies natural healing ability.
Acupuncture is a widely accepted and administered treatment used
worldwide with ongoing studies proving its effectiveness in treating
a myriad of illnesses.
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine and Chinese Tuina Massage
are an ancient medicine and have been used successfully for many
thousands of years in the treatment of a wide range of conditions.
By using a number of fine needles into specific acupuncture points
along a system of energy pathways or meridians to restore the balance
of human body system. The treatment of acupuncture may be used alone
or may be incorporated with Chinese Tuina massage, Chinese herbal
medicine, the use of moxibustion (warming of acupuncture points
using the herb Artemisia), dietary or life style advice.
We utilize state of the art Acupuncture and Physiotherapy equipment
at our clinics. These include:
- E600 HAN TENS (Trabscutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation) machines
that are connected to Korean acupuncture needles to reduce muscle
spasm and edema following injury.
- DIGITENS Combine Vacuum Cupping and TENS Machine to reduce
swelling and pain following trauma. We are the only office in
New Zealand using these machines that are normally used only in
hospitals in Korea.
- Infrared Heat Lamps to aid in increasing circulation into strained
and painful areas.
- Our Acupuncture needles are ordered direct from Korea to provide
- Our Traditional Chinese Medical Herbs are brought from China
and Korea by Dr. Min for use in his herbal preparations.
Won Kim (Sky) Registered Acupuncturist (NZRA), ACC Provider
I received my BSc in Acupuncture and TCM from the New Zealand College
of Chinese Medicine. Acupuncture is a traditional treatment method
that was refined through thousands of years. Traditional chinese
Medicine is aimed to deal with pain and health issues that occur
in the human body due to disharmony. My goal is to help people get
rid of the pain and discomfort by restoring the balance of the internal
and external factors in the human body.